RF ENGINEER POSITION OVERVIEW:
Our Client supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find our Client in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
Their product line includes power management products and sophisticated electronic radio frequency components and subsystems. As a total solution enterprise, they offer customers electronic manufacturing services, engineering support services, product development, and production service sets. Products are found in the most complex commercial and defense applications.
There is a unique and exciting career opportunity for a full-time Senior RF & Microwave Engineer.
The RF Engineer IV will use established procedures and work under limited supervision to perform assigned tasks by working cross-functionally with Management, Engineering, Operations, Suppliers and Customers. In this role, the engineer will synthesize customer requirements into best value solutions, integrating mixed hybrid and SMT topologies. Product design and manufacturing technologies and families include but are not limited to:
- Up / Down Converters.
- Hybrid Microelectronics.
- Switch Filter/Amplifier Assemblies.
- Surface Mount Technologies (SMT).
- Sources & Synthesizers.
- Receiver Exciters.
- Integrated Multichip Modules & Assemblies.
- Monolithic / Hybrid / Discrete Components.
- Analog / Digital Control Electronics.
CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Design, analyze, develop, test and evaluate complex multi-function assemblies, spanning 0.5 – 20GHz typical. Millimeter wave up to 40GHz desired.
- Perform detailed design analysis using linear and non-linear RF modeling, 3D modeling. Fluent knowledge of popular software such as AutoCad, SolidWorks and Microwave Office required. Additional skills in PWB design using PADS very desirable.
- Perform, direct, and evaluate testing of designs and prototype hardware using various pieces of test equipment, including PNAs, spectrum analyzers, phase noise stations and more.
- Function as technical interface for customers including developing specifications with clients.
- Effectively and professionally present and report on design and development progress.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, MSEE degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in RF microwave / millimeter-wave design.
- Demonstrated experience in active and passive, low noise, and broadband modules and assemblies design using hybrid microelectronics, discrete components and SMT integration technologies for defense, space and/or commercial market applications.
- Experience in product cost development and analysis, technical proposal generation, and the ability to create, manage and follow program schedules.
- Proven ability to lead complex development phase projects, and into the production cycle.
- Experience working in collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, documentation, organization and time management skills.
SPECIAL WORK CONDITIONS:
- Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals.
Reference Number: JMCR108
|Job Category||Aerospace - DOD, Wireless/RF|